Thursday, April 7, 2011
• 3⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
• 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light or dark
• 1⁄4 cup canola or vegetable oil
• 2 large egg whites
• 11⁄2 cups banana puree
• 1⁄2 cup cauliflower puree
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan, or 2 mini pans, with cooking spray.
2 In a bowl or a zipper-lock bag, mix the flours with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, if using. Set aside.
3 In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and oil with a wooden spoon until well combined. Mix in the egg whites, banana and cauliflower purees, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
4 Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes for the large loaf, 25 to 30 minutes for the mini loaves. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn the
bread out of the pan to cool before serving.
For more recipes: Click here